Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tanners Teeth

l

We took tanner to the dentist awhile ago and they said he need a lot of work done and that they would have to be put out so we scheduled it but the night before I just really didn't feel good about it. I felt he was to young to have to go through that, so we canceled and I looked around for a dentist that would just pull out his front teeth instead of do root canals on them. Well they all said they would have to put him out. Finally I found a laser pediatric dentist. They use Waterlase laser to do fillings and they don't use shots to numb the mouth, the use laser and water to just numb the tooth they are working on. Tanner was so scared to go to the dentist after what had happened to Jayden (he had to be put out for his work and they had to poke him 5-7 times to try and get the IV in him, his vain were to small. Jayden was screaming and he said" I just wanted to get my teeth fixed" He didn't know it involved so much pain. They finally had to put it in his neck. Now you know why I didn't want to do it with tanner.) So I took him in to Dr. Poulsen and he was so nice he gave me the choice of root canal or pulling out, and they didn't have to put him out at all. So we had them pull them, and he did it right then and it was fast and easy and tanner sat so good and he didn't have to have a shot. He needed more work so they just have him come back a few times instead of doing it all at once. So he is in the process of getting his "robot teeth" (caps) like his big brother. I would totally recommend this dentist, they are painless. http://drpoulsen.com

Tanner will be getting new front teeth. They have to put a spacer in where his front teeth were, so they are just going to attach false teeth to it so he will have front teeth again.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Poor Jayden. I can't believe he went through all of that. I'm glad Tanner was able to get them pulled. That seems so much better to me! He looks so cute.

Mrs Nancy said...

Your new dentist sounds really good! I don't get how it all works with the laser, but it sounds good! Tanner has such a cute smile! I love how Jayden named it robot teeth, so now we call Branton's robot teeth too.

megandjon said...

wow, that sounds really cool. good job mama! do they have those for grown ups? did it not hurt at all? i'm very interested. i'm in the middle of doing some major work right now...